Motogadget M-Unit Blue - Smartphone
The new Motogadget M-Unit blue can be seen as the next level M-Unit, which already was a very cool and useful product for your motorcycle. But this new one... breathtaking!
The new m.unit blue has moved on from the established previous version by undergoing significant development and improvements. It is now equipped with 12 inputs and 10 outputs, replaceable high-quality cable clamps and, most notably, Bluetooth® LE. This enables the M-Unit Blue to be connected to our "M-Ride" smartphone App. This feature is unique for motorbike accessories.
The M.Ride App manages the entire setup and alarm system. Fault diagnostics can also be performed during operation and without having to remove the M-Unit. The secure, encrypted Keyless Go function can also be used.
When this function is activated and you approach your motorbike with your smartphone, the on-board electrical system is activated and the motorbike is ready to be started.
The M-Unit Blue is the digital control unit for your motorbike – the heart of the entire on-board electrical systems. It can be operated using buttons or using conventional handlebar switches. It controls all necessary components on the vehicle while also performing fuse functions.
There are considerably fewer relays and individual components in the wiring harness and the vehicle can be rewired with less effort in a very short amount of time.
When using the M.Button, all switch connections are reduced to one single cable.
Features WITHOUT smartphone and m.ride App:
- Complete digital control using buttons possible with 4 or 5-button operation.
- Complete replacement for the fuse box. 10 independent circuits are digitally monitored and switched off if there are faults. After the fault is rectified, the safety function is automatically reset.
- Integrated alarm system that can be installed in any position.
- Integrated, digital flasher relay that is load-independent; automatic switch-off optional and can be set; m.wave mode can be selected.
- Integrated hazard warning light.
- Turn signal can optionally be set as a positioning light.
- Integrated parking light and headlight flashing.
- Low-beam and High-beam (up to 200 W switched capacity) can be controlled using only one button.
- Integrated, digital brake light modulator; flashing mode can be programmed.
- Acceleration-controlled emergency brake light (automatic warning signal).
- Integrated starter relay for the starter system with solenoid (up to 30 A switched capacity).
- Intelligent and configurable management/switch-off of power consuming devices so that the maximum starting energy from the battery can be used when starting the motorbike.
- Integrated, digital horn relay.
- Two configurable additional outputs AUX1 and AUX2.
- Diagnostics function for assigning inputs, outputs, the circuit switching status, short circuit diagnostics etc.
- Calibration and current measurement enable faults to be detected on all lamps.
Features WITH smartphone and M.Ride App:
- Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
- Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the motorbike with your smartphone).
- Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor, etc.).
- Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
- The on-board voltage can be monitored in the App.
- Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
- Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
- Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
- Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
- Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with m.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs, etc.
- Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
- Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
- LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible Motogadget products at a later date.
The M.Ride App is now available for Android (from version 6.0) and for iOS (from iPhone 5) shortly thereafter. The modern Bluetooth® LE is used to couple the M-Unit Blue with the smartphone. This requires certain requirements for the smartphone’s hardware.
The following Android models are currently compatible:
Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S5/S5 Neo
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 10.5
Google Pixel/ Pixel XL
Google Nexus 5
Google Nexus 5X
Sony Experia Z3 Compact
OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T
Huawei P9/ P9 Plus
Delivery content :
Approx. 50 cm connecting cable for battery positive terminal with 10 mm² cross section
2 cable eyes
1 x M5 stainless steel bolt
2 x M5 stainless steel bolts with nuts
1 x speed sensor with 2 magnets
Detailed installation and operating instructions